Monday, February 22, 2010

Business question/answer

Thank you for the compliment Raulie.

I never take no for an answer. I always find a way to get my brand and message out there.

Blogging over 12 different social networks insures I get a wide following.

I connect with others on Linkedin so I may one day network. Hopefully some of my connections are interested in what I do and will be utilizing my business once it's fully operational.

Right now I also go door to door passing out business cards. My son passes out business cards to anyone walking, parking lots, etc. I saw another business person papering unoccupied cars parked in a parking lot.

I'm ordering inventory and setting up shop at a flea market that has over 50,000 people a weekend.

I'm not discouraged that my friends and family won't help by promoting me or referring me or even using my services. I find others who understand my vision and goals and work with them.

I recently put together a board of advisors, all volunteers, to help me stay focused and reach each goal step by step.

I also volunteer to help fundraise for non profits I believe in and offer to partner with them when fully operational.

I look everywhere for Angel Investor, business partner, SBA loans, USDA grants, bank loans. You name it, I've applied for it.

The first year is the hardest to pick up followers, unless you're a celebrity or networked with strong friendships. I have neither and so must work extra hard.

I wish you all the best Raulie. Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Christi

On 02/22/10 5:24 AM, Raulie Casteel wrote:
--------------------
Good morning Ms. Hubbard!

You seem like you're busy and have your hands in a lot these days (business pusuits, blogging, etc.), w/ an ear to the ground. Any business / career advice you can share?

Your Louisville LinkedIn Contact,

Raulie

Raulie W. Casteel

No comments: